How Can Marketers Use ChatGPT? Here Are the Top 8 Uses:
With the recent developments in AI and the popularity of ChatGPT, you may want to integrate AI into your marketing practices. Find out how.
Technology and artificial intelligence (AI) have infiltrated almost every industry imaginable. For better or worse, AI is here to stay — and it's only getting smarter.
In 2022, OpenAI, an artificial intelligence research and development company, created a tool called ChatGPT. This tool has the potential to change even more about each industry as we know it today, even the marketing and advertising industry.
Keep reading to find out how.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an AI computer program that uses its intelligence to intake, comprehend and produce a response that mimics the natural diction of human language.
The program uses a transformer-based neural network that works off of so much data that the AI can analyze that information and create a response from it. When a human user converses with ChatGPT, the AI processes the human text and generates the answer based on the data it has access to.
The technology also considers context, syntax and word associations, which is how it can produce responses that mimic human speech and writing.
Whether it's questions, answers, essays or entire conversations, this technology is meant to carry on as a human would.
Top 11 ways marketers can use ChatGPT
One of the biggest tasks for marketers is content creation. How can they grab the attention of consumers? What are the most significant trends? Or better yet, how can they create a trend?
While it takes an exceptional marketer to have an accurate pulse on the culture, ChatGPT can certainly make content creation smoother. ChatGPT can write product descriptions, headlines, blog posts, call-to-actions and other written content and make it sound just like a human.
Marketers can create compelling content in a fraction of the time with the assistance of ChatGPT, including:
• Blog posts: Marketers can enter keywords and specific requirements into ChatGPT, and the AI model will create high-quality, original content that is SEO-friendly and engaging for the target audience.
• Social media posts: ChatGPT can generate social media posts for various platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. The AI technology will search its database for trending words and optimize short, quippy captions or longer, blog-style captions for the user.
• Video scripts: ChatGPT can generate video scripts for marketing and promotional videos. Whether it's a commercial or a full-length feature, ChatGPT can do it. Remember that the AI software will likely ask several follow-up questions about information and style, but it is possible.
Because of its linguistics capabilities, ChatGPT can carry on interactive text-based conversations to problem-solve with site visitors.
During these conversations, ChatGPT is not only helping customers, but it is also gathering information that can be used for lead generation and lead nurturing. Marketers can also use ChatGPT to engage with website visitors and valuable segmentation information.
More specific uses include:
• Chatbots: Marketers can use ChatGPT to build chatbots for their ecommerce sites and social media platforms. Chatbots can engage with visitors, just like humans, to provide information about products and services and collect contact and preference information for lead generation purposes.
• Lead scoring: ChatGPT can be integrated into a lead scoring system to help identify and prioritize high-quality leads. Generally, this takes some kind of lead scoring matrix or program; however, ChatGPT analyzes a visitor's interactions with a website, social media or chatbot and assigns a score based on whichever factors the marketer would like.
• Targeted email campaigns: Because ChatGPT can store and analyze so much data, it can generate personalized email campaigns based on a consumer's behavior and interests. By analyzing a customer's interactions with the website, social media or chatbot, ChatGPT can generate highly targeted emails to help increase the effectiveness of email campaigns and conversions.
ChatGPT will generate personalized email campaigns based on customer behavior and preferences. Marketers can utilize AI to ensure emails are tailored to each customer based on interests and buzzwords. The best ways to do this include the following:
• Subject line optimization: A subject line is the first thing a recipient sees. It either pulls them in or gets sent to the trash. ChatGPT can test, generate and provide recommendations for various subject lines to find the best-performing ones for a specific audience.
• Email segmentation: ChatGPT can analyze consumer behavior, identify common patterns based on interaction and segment email lists based on recipient behavior, preferences and interests.
• A/B testing: Marketers use A/B testing to analyze the performance of different email variations from subject line to format. ChatGPT can optimize email campaigns by analyzing the performance of different email variations and providing recommendations on which are likely to be the most effective for a particular audience.
ChatGPT is an excellent resource for providing 24/7 customer support, so your ecommerce site is available to consumers no matter their time zone or shopping needs. Train ChatGPT as a chatbot to answer FAQs, support requests and more needs like:
• Automated Chatbots: ChatGPT can handle simple and routine customer service inquiries, such as order tracking, account information and product information.
• Self-Service: ChatGPT can provide customers with self-service options for resolving their issues like referrals to FAQs, tutorials and videos.
• Multi-Language Support: It can be difficult to find customer service agents who speak more than one or two languages, and customers from all backgrounds need assistance. ChatGPT is a customer service representative that speaks multiple languages, making it easier for companies to serve customers globally.
ChatGPT will help with time and resources, as the AI can help sites assist more customers and provide cheaper labor for companies. In turn, this frees up time for human employees to focus on customers with more complex needs.
Social media management
Many brands have turned to automation for social media. There are several platforms out there that handle scheduling, streamlining and optimization. ChatGPT will complete those same tasks, including:
• Scheduling: ChatGPT can be used to optimize the scheduling of social media posts based on audience behavior, preferences and peak usage times.
• Analysis: The program can analyze data and provide insights on consumer behavior, preferences and trends to provide actionable insights for creating a stronger strategy.
• Advertising: ChatGPT can analyze data to recommend the best ad formats and creative elements for a company's campaign.
Customers want to feel like an individual and also appreciate guidance when it comes to any shopping need. ChatGPT can collect data that shows customer preferences and use that to make personalized recommendations on products and content.
You can also integrate AI to be interactive, with quizzes and games, so customers can have a positive and engaging experience. Based on collected data, ChatGPT will recommend:
• Products: Using browsing and purchase history, ChatGPT can recommend products most likely to interest the customer.
• Content: ChatGPT can use data and behaviors to understand a customer's preferences and recommend content like recommending articles, videos and podcasts.
• Advertising: The AI program can personalize online advertising to increase the likelihood that a customer will be engaged enough to purchase.
The more inclusive and accommodating a business can be, the better natural advertising it gets.
Integrate ChatGPT into voice assistants, like Amazon Alexa or Google Home, to provide a more inclusive customer service experience.
• Customer service: A voice assistant to provide customers with an automated and conversational customer service experience.
• Product information and recommendations: Product information and recommendations created by ChatGPT can be synced with the device's voice reader to help customers find the right products and services based on their needs and preferences.
Market research is essential for any advertising team because to stay in the loop with the audience, you must know their interests. ChatGPT can streamline the market research process by:
• Conducting surveys: ChatGPT can conduct surveys and questionnaires to gather insights from target demographics. It can even create custom questions for individual consumers based on current data to drive future decisions.
• Analyzing feedback: The program can analyze customer feedback, measure it against critical trends and generate a detailed report so marketers can better understand customer preferences and perceptions.